010-173 44 44

Do you have questions? Call us!





Are you going to start driving a truck or bus?  

-Then you are warmly welcome to us at iDr Kliniken for your medical certificate. 

Our doctors are connected to the Swedish Transport Agency's e-service for certificates. Your result is sent directly to the Swedish Transport Agency when the survey is completed.  

All our doctors and nurses are trained to perform the required examinations so that you can feel safe and secure. 

Before the visit: 

  • Bring your glasses / lenses and any hearing aid 
  • Bring medical records from GPs and hospitals, including labs / X-rays in the last 12 months, or make sure that you can show them via 1177 during the visit.  
  • Bring current medication list 
  • If you have received special directives from the Swedish Transport Agency on something special that needs to be certified - send these documents to us before the survey and notify us in writing before you book an appointment.  


Test information: 

This basic health examination includes synthesis tests, function test, check of heart / lungs / blood pressure and a review of your medical history.  We may also come to control the abuse of alcohol or drugs. After the survey, you will receive all the information that you must send to the Swedish Transport Agency and we will help you with all questions you have about this. We make it easy and smooth for you throughout the process. 

What type of test do you need? 

The Swedish Transport Agency divides the various driving license authorizations into three groups.  

Group 1: driving license authorizations AM, A1, A2, A, B and BE and authorization for tractor 

Group 2: Includes C1, C1E, C and CE 

Group 3: Includes D1, D1E, D and DE and Taxi. 

The requirements for the medical examination to obtain a driving license vary between the different groups and are determined by the Swedish Transport Agency.  

Group 1: Visual acuity 0.5 must be achieved when looking with both eyes together. It is OK if you only have vision in one eye as long as you see at least 0.5. You may have some minor limitations in the field of vision and also a certain degree of double vision, as long as the double vision only appears when you look to the sides. You may also have some impairment of the ability to see in the dark. There is no requirement for hearing loss. 

Groups 2 and 3: Requirement that you can see with both eyes and you need to be able to see at least 0.1 with the worst eye and 0.8 with the best. These qualifications also place higher demands on the field of vision and you must not have any type of double vision. Requirements for sufficient hearing to be able to communicate with passengers. If you need a hearing aid to achieve sufficient hearing, you must use it when driving the vehicle. 

For the doctor's certificate, glasses or lenses may be used to achieve sufficient visual acuity. For groups II and III, the refractive power of the visual aid must not exceed +/- 8 diopters (this is stated in the prescription obtained from your optician). If you need vision aids to achieve sufficient vision, you must also always use vision aids when driving a vehicle. 

Certain diseases and conditions can be an obstacle or require more frequent checks for an approved medical certificate, especially for those who want to hold one of the higher qualifications. This mainly applies to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, seizures and residual conditions after illness. If you have diabetes and want to get a driving license, it is not a definite obstacle, however, it is required that the disease is under good control for us to be able to issue a medical certificate for diabetes. In these cases, we need to have a dialogue with your treating physician.  

If you have treatment for any illness, bring a medical record, medication list and a list of the latest lab samples taken before the visit.